You can call it an Italian Beef Sandwich or a Chicago Beef Hoagie; call it whatever you want but you will come back for more. Such a tasty and satisfying meal! As usual, quality ingredients and good cooking techniques make all the difference.
- 4 to 5 lbs. chuck roast (or whatever size you need)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano (or Italian seasoning blend)
- Worcestershire sauce, strained tomatoes (or tomato sauce)
- sliced green bell pepper and Vidalia or yellow onion
- banana peppers, mozzarella or provolone cheese, soft hoagie roll
- Liberally season the chuck roast on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano
- Place roast into a Crock Pot (or deep baking pan)
- Top roast with some Worcestershire sauce and strained tomatoes
- Top with sliced bell peppers and onions
- Cover and cook (Crock Pot on low for 8 hours or in oven set at 300 degrees for 3 to 4 hours).
- You will know it is done when the meat falls apart and the smells are amazing. Pull the beef apart and mix everything together.
- Place the beef mixture on a hoagie roll. Top with cheese and place under broiler to melt.
- Top with the banana pepper rings and dig in!