I love this stuff. Fairly easy to make, very tasty, and a great canvas for all types of flavors. One of my daughters is a vegetarian, and this allows for both meat and non-meat options.
Here’s the recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Wash the outside of the spaghetti squash.
- Chop it in half (the long way).
- Place on a baking sheet (parchment-lined helps) and drizzle with olive oil and coarse sea salt.
- Flip the squash over so the flat side is down and roast for about 35 minutes. You will know it’s done when you press down on the outer edge and it gives.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and then use a fork to pull the squash strands loose.
- You can eat it as is, or top it with a sauce. I usually make two red sauces (one with meat and one without).
- Top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.