Talk about a mash-up of Italian and Asian influences… meatballs cooked in an Asian barbecue sauce served over polenta. Man, was it tasty!
Make your favorite meatballs (or you can cheat and use store-bought ones).
Asian BBQ Sauce
- 1.5 cups Teriyaki Sauce
- 0.5 cups Beef Stock
- 0.75 cups Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Zest and Juice of one Lime
Cook the meatballs in the sauce low and slow (200 degrees for about an hour) just to bring the flavors together. Remember, the meatballs are already cooked.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil (salt it).
- In a separate bowl, mix one cup of ground corn meal with one cup of milk.
- When the water comes to a boil, mix the corn/milk mixture in.
- Lower the heat to low and whisk. Be careful because it will cook quickly and start to sputter. This only takes about 5 minutes.
- Mix in a pat of butter and cover your pot. Turn the heat off your burner and let the covered pot sit for another 5 minutes.
Serve while hot!