October 15, 2016
Link to radio promo about the show (from WHAM-1180’s Food and Wine Show):
http://wham1180.iheart.com/media/play/27388722/ (about 10:30 in is the segment)
Thank you to The Summit for having me back. It was awesome to match up “pink” wines and foods in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A portion of the proceeds went to the Rochester Regional Breast Center.
We talked a lot about blush/rose wines and how food friendly they are. The food samples were:
- Shredded Pork Tacos with Tangy Slaw
- Smoky Cherry Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Raspberry / Chocolate Chip Connoli
Great event at the Dome Arena in Rochester! Thank you to my friends at The Summit Federal Credit Union for sponsoring the event and for bringing me in to discuss food and wine pairings. I prepared samples of six different food items and discussed how and why they pair with six different styles of wine:
- Light/Crisp White Wine with Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Rich White Wine with Chicken White Bean Crostini
- Dessert White Wine with Lemon Curd Tart
- Medium Red Wine with Meatball Sliders
- Bold Red Wine with Filet Mignon (wrapped in bacon!)
- Dessert Red Wine with Chocolate Mousse
People were very happy to sample the foods and learn about pairings. Everyone was able to take a recipe and pairing card home with them after each session. There was also a raffle to win a private dinner prepared by me.