Lime Tilapia Fish Tacos with Fresh Peach / Mango Salsa and Crispy Lettuce
Side Dish of Southwestern Bean, Corn, and Quinoa Salad
Fish (I would do this as Step 2)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Lay tilapia filets on a baking sheet. Season with salt, lime slices, and a pat of butter on each filet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take fish out and switch your oven to broil. Cover the filets with seasoned Panko bread crumbs. Place on top rack and watch carefully (it will brown quickly!).
- Serve these in warmed flour tortillas. Simple sliced iceberg lettuce adds a great crunch. Cover it all with the salsa…
Salsa (Work on this while your fish bakes.)
- Dice ripe mangoes, peaches, red bell pepper, and red onion.
- Season with smoked sea salt, olive oil, and rice wine vinegar.
SW Quinoa Salad (I would work on this first. You can even make this a day ahead.)
- Prepare plain quinoa as per directions (15 minutes at low boil with 2:1 ratio of liquid to grains). Let cool.
- Grill 2 to 3 ears of corn on the cob. Cut the kernels off into a large bowl.
- Dice a red or orange bell pepper and add to the bowl.
- Dice a small amount of red onion and add to the bowl.
- Add a can of rinsed and drained black beans.
- Add some sliced black or kalamata olives.
- Season with salt, olive oil, and fresh lime juice.
- Mix in some feta cheese or queso fresco just before serving.